REDCOLLAR RESCUE works hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care.
Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
- Complete the adoption application form.
- After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
- We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
- After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member.
- If the initial meeting goes well, we make an appointment and bring the pet to your home to meet all family members – human and furry.
- Upon agreement by all parties, the adoption is finalized by signing the adoption contract and making an adoption donation* for your newest family member.
*The adoption fees are $350/dog for local adoptions and $600/dog for out of state adoptions, and $150/cat. These fees help to defray the costs of spaying/neutering, testing, vaccinations, micro-chipping, and flea/heartworm preventive for our pets, but rarely, if ever, cover all expenses. Therefore, additional tax-deductible contributions are welcomed.
All of our pets are located in Houston, Texas. We adopt to people who live in the Houston area, as well as other cities, states, and Canada. Please visit our Adoption FAQ page for more details about adopting from RCR locally or out-of-state, or email us at email@example.com.
We have many sweet, wonderful, and loving adoptable pets waiting to find their forever homes.
If you are interested in adoption, please complete the adoption application form.